BETTER OFF WITH DIALUP
That's the opposite of Hughesnet . We got hughesnet a few years ago with the hope of a faster, more reliable internet service. Now, having been with Hughesnet for several years I can safely say that dialup is actually a more reliable option.
Where can I begin.
To start out with, if you run over your limited bandwidth, your account is "hard throttled" meaning that anything that is https secured will no longer work and anything else will load at a speed slower than dial up internet. The interesting thing, however, is that even with full bandwidth this happens with Hughesnet multiple times a week. Conveniently it only happens when I'm not doing anything important, just trying to pay bills, apply for loans, or check my bank account. So obviously, this isn't that big of a deal.
Over the past few years that we've had Hughes net, we've had to have them come out to fix problems with their equipment twice. Each experience was met with over 3 hours of hold, several phone calls, and multiple poorly trained customer service representatives, which ended with having to wait for a week or more in order to PAY someone to come and fix their faulty equipment. This is now happening for a third time, conveniently enough while trying to finish up a student loan disclosure that is due two days from now.
It was bad enough to put up with the time outs and satellite outages in the middle of emails, paper submissions, and document viewing, but this time they've gone too far. Their poor customer service, faulty equipment, and outrageous prices for the amount of bandwidth you get is beyond ridiculous.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Hughesnet reviews
- My opinion on HughesNet
- Poor service delivery
- Trapping customers for terrible service
- Hughesnet TERRIBLE Customer Service
- Hughesnet wins worst customer service!
- Worst Customer Service EVER
- horrible customer service
- Hughesnet IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!! RUN FOREST RUN!!
- Hughsnet Internet very poor
- HughesNet Internet service
- Hughesnet SCAMS people out of money!
- Beware of Hughesnet!!
- Hate hate hate Hughesnet
- Hughesnet: Complete Ripoff
- dish satellite
- Absolutely NO Customer Service
- traffic shaping speeds slower than dialup
- HughesNet Rip Off
- Poor service
- WiFi at the Detroit Airport
- More spotty internet service
- Windstream DSL
- Time online
- Like dialup in a thunderstorm. If you're lucky.
- The Biggest Ripoff Around
- DSL Internet Service
- Lousy service
- 3G Service at Dialup Speeds
- poor repair and no highspeed here
- high speed (???) internet service
- wildblue just keeps on sucking
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you