Unreliable, and they try and rip you off every chance they get - Hughes Net Satellite Internet Service
Secondly they put me on a modem called the 9000 which was an experiemental modem. This thing went out twice and had to be replaced (which meant days at the coffee shop 30 miles away). I was to recieve 1 GB of download/upload space a day because I was on this modem. Some mornings I would come to my computer and I would be at 50%, or 72% or 88% (odd numbers) and when I would go online to check there was no usage, in fact there would be a period of hours missing from my data they provided. FISHY! I would call them to ask what happened and they would play it off that I had been on the PC, NO, that was never the case. I swear they did this to just make me buy more tokens.
At one point I would come to my PC and for weeks I never had 100% allowance, I called and called. Different answers everytime. I finally had someone tell me I did not have a free download period, HOWEVER it states in my contract that did. I pointed that out to the rep that Hughes Net was in violation of their contract and that I did in fact have a free download period. They fixed it and I went on, but I still never had 100%. So I call again, they tell me the times of my download period had changed, and they never notified me. I made sure nothing was to download except during the free period, but still never 100%. I called again, oh wait the last rep got it wrong and the times did not change it was the time zone. UGH.
I have now recieved DSL, after bugging my local provider and having as many neighbors as possible aslo bug them. I will never go back to Hughes Net, they never supply the service they promise, their customer service is horrible and they try to scam you every chance you get. I spent too many hours on the phone, yes they would eventualy resolve the issue and credit my account (miniscally) or give me tokens but I would only recommend them to people who have no choice or people I dislike.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Hughesnet reviews
- My opinion on HughesNet
- Poor service delivery
- Trapping customers for terrible service
- Hughesnet TERRIBLE Customer Service
- Hughesnet wins worst customer service!
- BETTER OFF WITH DIALUP
- Worst Customer Service EVER
- horrible customer service
- Hughesnet IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!! RUN FOREST RUN!!
- Hughsnet Internet very poor
- HughesNet Internet service
- Hughesnet SCAMS people out of money!
- Beware of Hughesnet!!
- Hate hate hate Hughesnet
- Hughesnet: Complete Ripoff
- dish satellite
- American Safety Council keystroke biometrics faulty and utterly unreliable
- Fedex Express Unreliable
- Petco Bismarck Unreliable Grooming Salon
- Never use them! Unreliable!
- Changing "sonny with a chance" to "so random"
- Halstead is THE Worst
- unreliable NO magicjack
- AVOID this company
- Unreliable cable internet...
- Citi bank give false information and do not take responsibility for there actions.. Unreliable
- sonny with a chance
- Unreliable phone service
- Horrible DO NOT USE IF ON CAMP PENDLETON
- $1000 survey
- Sonny with a Chance
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you